Thursday, February 28, 2013

Here's an idea of how expensive these signature guitars are, the custom made David Gilmour black stratocaster is listed on Amazon for $4,640. This is a photo of the David Gilmour custom Fender stratocaster.  You can see a great amount of work went into recreating all the fret wear and digs and scratches on the guitar. I'm not really interested in all the digs and scratches. I'm sure I'll add plenty of those on my own.  I'm interested in recreating the basic look and try out the components, specifically the 3 guitar pickups.


 Fender has also made a David Gilmour Fender stratocast model 920D which lists for $749 on Amazon. This guitar appears to copy the components of David Gilmour's black strat without all the digs and scratches. This is more of what I am after so now my project price goal is under $700.


No comments:

Post a Comment