Saturday, March 2, 2013

Fist Purchase Total Cost $110.97

On January 2nd 2013 I made my first purchase from MusiciansFriend.com for my Black Strat project. I ordered a Fender replacement neck made by a company called Mighty Mite. Mighty Mite makes Fender replacement parts in Mexico driving the costs way down. Fender also uses these Mexican factors to produce some of their cheaper, but still high quality guitars. People refer to these guitars as Fender Stratacastor MIM (Made in Mexico). The American made replacement parts are much more expensive and I think you are simply paying for the name. I could be wrong, but I also doubt that I would be able to tell the difference between a Mexican made neck and an American made neck. Beside Fender will get their a share of money from this project. Here's the neck;

 

I also purchased a neck plate. This piece is located on the back of the guitar and helps secure the body and neck together.  I purchased and authentic neck plate from Fender simply because I wanted the cool Fender F on it. (See Fender is getting some money all ready)  Here is a super close up of the neck plate so you can see the Fender F;

The total cost of this purchase including tax and shipping was $110.97.

No comments:

Post a Comment