Thursday, March 7, 2013

Third Purchase $96.98 (Total: $353.09)

On March 1st 2013, I made my third major purchase, this time from Amazon.com, for the black strat. In this purchase I decided to go with a group of (relatively) less expensive items. I ordered 6 items;

1. Fender guitar strap buttons $4.99
2. Fender guitar back plate  $7.25
3. Fender guitar output jack $6.99
4. Fender guitar jack plate  $7.41
5. Fender locking tuners chrome $44.72
6. Joe Satriani locking guitar strap $18.23 (Not an extremely important part put I thought it looked cool and would work well with this project)

After shipping and tax the total was $96.98

Picture of the guitar strap buttons:


Plate for back of the guitar.



Next is a photo of the guitar jack (right) and the guitar jack plate (left)


Guitar technology has changed since the 1970's, and one of those improvements is with guitar tuners. some guitars have a bar (called tremolo bar) located at the bridge which can either loosen or tighten the tension on the strings.  If the tension is loosen the note pitch will decrease. If the tension is increased the note pitch with rise.  However having the original string tension returning when you're not playing with the tremolo bar is a challenge.  Over the years companies have helped reduce this problem by introducing locking tuners.  These tuners lock the string at the tuning post, reducing the ability for the string to stretch, thus reducing the string from going out of tune.  Since my goal is to play this guitar when it is completed and not tune it all the time.  I chose to take advantage of this technology.  Also note you can see the cool Fender 'F' on the backs of each tuner.


Finally here's the guitar strap I ordered. I have 2 other Joe Satriani straps and I really like them, plus I like the skeleton guys on it. I went with the locking mechanize because I did have my guitar strap separate from my guitar once while at practice. It is not a pleasant experience, since you frantically grab your guitar attempting to prevent it from hit anything.

No comments:

Post a Comment